Boutique Narrowboat builds
Boutique Narrowboats are built to suit contemporary lifestyles, combining premium engineering and unique interiors. We commission quality shells and then design and fit them out to the highest standards.
We never create an “off the shelf” caravan boat. Our narrowboat builds are all individual and draw on our experience of the hire industry to ensure longevity. Interior design and luxury elements are hugely important in the fit-out of our Boutique Narrowboats and this is the added value that we bring to your project.
If you are considering having a bespoke narrowboat built especially for you, we invite you to get in touch to see if we might be a good match.
- Designs drawn for your boat.
- Staged payments agreed and contracts signed.
- Visits arranged or remote updates to discuss changes as needed.
- Delivery of your boat within a clear timeframe, with all certifications to cruise immediately.
A Boutique Narrowboat is designed around your unique story: how you will use the boat and your own personal sense of style. We don’t have a production line, preferring instead to create spaces full of personality and soul.
We collaborate as needed throughout all of our boat builds:
- Furniture and decor selection and placement
- Floor plan layout
- Styling (surfaces, sofas, beds, walls etc.)
- Paint/wall/panel treatments and window treatments
- Cabinetry and built-ins
- Fixtures, finishes and trims
- Creative use of space
The various engineering systems are a vital part of our client consultations. You may already know what kind of propulsion system you want and we are always happy to discuss the pros and cons of each type of engine, from diesel to electric to solar and everything in between. By the time your quotation is complete, you will have a specification that includes:
- Engine, gearbox and control panel
- Propulsion system
- Battery types, quantity and associated monitors
- Inverter type
- Heating and calorifier types
- Waste management including toilet options
- Plumbing and electrics set up
- Internet and networking, including WiFi and entertainment systems
New boat pricing
We can create narrowboats of any length you choose, with any combination of features. Each is unique, so we don’t operate a fixed price system. A typical 57 foot diesel Boutique Narrowboat with premium double glazing and lithium batteries starts at around £160,000 + VAT
Also included in the price:
- Your choice of layout
- All design work including drawings
- All fixtures and fittings
- After sales service to include 12 months warranty on parts
Ordering your new narrowboat
To find out more about buying a bespoke canal boat from Boutique Narrowboats, we invite you to get in touch to chat through your ideas. To help you clarify your thoughts, you might like to complete an initial or full brief which can be downloaded below and returned to us.
We can arrange a meeting at our marina offices or arrange a telephone/video call if you prefer, so that we can begin to get a feel for your requirements and create a quotation. Draft layouts are always welcome, even if they aren’t to scale.
A deposit of £2000 secures your narrowboat build slot. Please contact us to discuss the next available slots.
Interim payments will be required at various stages of the build and we use a standard contract from our membership association, British Marine, to ensure all parties are covered if anything goes wrong.
GET IN TOUCH
Schedule a Visit