The Boutique Narrowboat – Kathleen May
Kathleen May is a unique, heritage-style narrowboat with a delightfully historic feel. The beautiful external features are inspired by old working canal boats and include a classic stern and tiller, and traditional portholes.
Inside, a quirky layout offers a curtained dining area which doubles as a cosy second bed. This unusual hire boat boasts a small Aga in the kitchen and an electric hob for easy cooking. There are two little fridge freezers side by side, and a traditional porcelain Butler’s sink.
The main bed measures 4 feet wide to allow for a walk-through design with direct access to the front deck. It can be extended to 4’6 feet by means of a pull up side panel.
- Two sleeping areas | Walk-through layout | Tongue and groove panelling
- Kitchen with Aga and Butler’s sink | Microwave | Induction hob
- Wi-Fi | TV | Dining area | Central heating
- Real wood floors | Croft-style interior | Skylights throughout
- 55′ long x 6’10” wide
- Maximum headroom 6’6″
- Cruiser stern with large deck, classic tiller shape
- Sleeps 3 (please, no children under 8 years for safety reasons)
- Bed #1 is 4′ wide x 6’2 long, extending to 4’6 wide (standard double). It is 33″ (84cm) from the floor to top of the mattress so we provide a small stool to help you get into bed!
- Bed #2 is a dinette bed 3’6″ wide x 5’9″ long (large single)
- Lister engine
- Pump-out toilet
- Central heating
- No experience required.
- Comprehensive boat safety induction.
- Training on handling the boat and mooring up.
- Navigating locks, bridges and tunnels.
- Help with choosing routes.
- Emergency assistance round-the-clock.
- Fully licensed and insured for hire.
- Accredited Safety Certificate.
- Life jackets and safety equipment on board.
Each hire includes a full handover on your first afternoon aboard, to show you how to operate Kathleen May and navigate the waterways. Many of our guests are novices and we hope that a holiday on our Boutique Narrowboat will encourage a life-long love of the canals.
Ready to book?
Things to know
- We are at Union Wharf Marina, 1a Canalside, Leicester Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire LE16 7UW.
- Holidays start on a Monday or Friday at 2pm and finish on a Monday or Friday at 9.30am.
- All fuel included.
- No booking fees.
- Free car parking.
- Beginners welcome (training included.)
- Kathleen May is pet-free.
- £50 Damage Waiver included.
- Your dates secured with a 30% deposit.
- Payment of balance is due 8 weeks before your holiday begins.
- Payment via credit/debit card, Paypal or bank transfer.
- Full Terms and Conditions here.