The Boutique Narrowboat – Kathleen May
Kathleen May is a unique, heritage-style narrowboat with a delightfully historic feel. The beautiful external features are inspired by old working canal boats and include a classic stern and tiller, and traditional portholes.
Inside, a quirky layout offers a curtained dining area which doubles as a cosy second bed. This unusual hire boat boasts a small Aga in the kitchen and a traditional porcelain Bulter’s sink. A little fridge with icebox makes this boat perfect for short breaks (Monday to Friday or Friday to Monday.)
The main bed measures 4 feet wide to allow for a walk-through design with direct access to the front deck. It can be extended to 4’6 feet by means of a pull up side panel.
- Two sleeping areas | Walk-through layout | Tongue and groove panelling
- Kitchenette with Aga and Butler’s sink | Coffee-maker
- Wi-Fi | TV | Dining area | Central heating
- Real wood floors | Croft-style interior | Skylights throughout
- 55′ long x 6’10” wide
- Maximum headroom 6’6″
- Cruiser stern with large deck, classic tiller shape
- Sleeps 3 (please, no children under 8 years for safety reasons)
- Bed #1 is 4′ wide x 6’2 long, extending to 4’6 wide (standard double)
- Bed #2 is a dinette bed 3’6″ wide x 5’9″ long (large single)
- Lister engine
- Pump-out toilet
- Central heating
- No experience required.
- Comprehensive boat safety induction.
- Training on handling the boat and mooring up.
- Navigating locks, bridges and tunnels.
- Help with choosing routes.
- Emergency assistance round-the-clock.
- Fully licensed and insured for hire.
- Accredited Safety Certificate.
- Life jackets and safety equipment on board.
Each hire includes a full handover on your first afternoon aboard, to show you how to operate Kathleen May and navigate the waterways. Many of our guests are novices and we hope that a holiday on our Boutique Narrowboat will encourage a life-long love of the canals.
Reservations (open from 28/04/21)
We are happy to accept reservations from June onwards with no obligation to pay before interior photographs are available. To do this, please complete the booking process using the calendar below but do not pay anything. This will turn your dates “orange” and ensure that no one else can book them for now.
We will then contact you once we have completed the interior to share photos and to arrange payment if you would like to go ahead with your booking.
Photos are likely to be available from mid-May.
Things to know
- We are at Union Wharf Marina, 1a Canalside, Leicester Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire LE16 7UW.
- Holidays start on a Monday or Friday at 2pm and finish on a Monday or Friday at 9.30am.
- All fuel included.
- No booking fees.
- Free car parking.
- Beginners welcome (training included.)
- Kathleen May is pet-free.
- £50 Damage Waiver included.
- Your dates secured with a 30% deposit once interior work is complete.
- Payment of balance is due 8 weeks before your holiday begins.
- Payment via credit/debit card, Paypal or bank transfer.
- Full Terms and Conditions here.