If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, please write to us at: Boutique Narrowboats, 31 Bridegroom Street, Market Harborough, LE16 9GL
Boutique Narrowboats is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
What personal information we collect about you
We may collect personal information about you when you:
• ask about our service
• register with us for information
• book a holiday
• sign up for downloads, competitions or newsletters
• apply for a job with us
• become an employee
• telephone, write, contact us online or text us or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
This can include information such as your name, communication preferences, email address, postal address, IP address, telephone number, mobile number, or date of birth. No debit or credit card details are ever retained beyond the time taken to process a payment.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
We use your Information in the following ways:
• to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective and efficient manner for you and your computer;
• to allow you to register, request information, enter competitions or order any products and services available on our Website where you choose to do so;
• to pass your Information to other companies ONLY where there are operational reasons for doing so eg in the event of a break down service being called while you are on the boat;
• to notify you about changes to our service or discuss your booking;
• in accordance with your authorisation at the point of booking eg if you give your consent to receive our newsletter.
We may pass your Information to third party organisations only:
• if we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may disclose your Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies for the purposes of debt collection.
Boutique Narrowboats is committed to protecting you and any data (anonymous or otherwise) that we may collect about you online. None of the cookies used collect any personal data on you other than the IP address of your web connection. By continuing to use our website (through any device) you agree with this Cookies Policy. We reserve the right to make changes to our Cookies Policy & confirm that any such changes shall appear here and become effective immediately. Data is retained for Google Analytics for 26 months.
What if I don’t want to accept cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by any website – including Boutique Narrowboats, you should do this through the browser settings for each browser you use, on each device you use to access the Internet.You can also allow cookies from specific websites by making them “trusted websites” in your Internet browser. For more information on how to do this please refer to www.allaboutcookies.org which explains cookies more fully and how you can manage,
restrict, block or accept cookies within all popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome,
Firefox and Safari).