This newly-created position is designed to ensure our holiday narrowboats are of the highest standard. No marina or boat experience necessary, but you must be a good organiser and communicator. The Quality Coordinator will liaise with a small team of cleaners, engineers and maintenance staff so that our holiday and day trip boats always meet our customers high expectations.
Reporting to the marina owners, you will oversee standards of cleanliness, equipment, repairs, supplies and stores maintenance.
The role primarily involves:
- Identifying the needs and expectations of our customers
- Carrying out routine and spot checks on our boats and marina buildings
- Managing budgets with responsibility for ordering supplies
- Creating a schedule of internal and external maintenance on each boat
- Liaising with an experienced team of staff
- Coordinating emergency repairs where necessary
- Welcoming guests and answering queries in person, on the phone and via email
- Managing the marina office in the absence of other staff
- Attention to detail with exceptionally high-standards of housekeeping
- The proven ability to work well within a small team of staff
- Basic office, computer and internet skills e.g. answering emails and ordering supplies online
- Customer service skills including the ability to keep calm at busy times
- A knowledge of the tourism industry (but not necessarily boating)
- Basic DIY skills would be very handy!
The Quality Coordinator role will initially be part-time, working Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays 8.30am-5.30pm. Hours may be reduced during winter months.
Union Wharf Marina in Market Harborough is a small family-run marina and we all ‘muck in’ where needed, so the successful candidate would be happy to support the work of other individuals as necessary. Our boats include Boutique Narrowboats, four day boats and a range of traditional holiday narrowboats. There are currently 18 boats owned or managed by us.
We offer full training and support for the right person.
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to Sharon at email@example.com